Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Australian Coffee Tasting This Saturday, First Pour

Apparently people pay more attention to blogs if they have photos.


Now that that's out of the way, I have roasted up some Bundja, Boomerang (washed) and Boomerang (natural) coffee from the famous Mountain Top to run through the grinders at First Pour this Saturday. The Bundja will definitely go through the espresso machine, as will one of the Boomerangs. The final Boomerang might fall prey to a French Press. Hopefully I'll be able to follow it up in a month or two with some of the new crop "Bin 35" that has had many rave reviews.

I'm hoping to be able to do a lot more cool coffee-related stuff at work, but for now I thought I'd start off with a small event ...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Luca said...

I should credit Nim for the awesome photo!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love to go down there and join you guys!!!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Luca said...

You wouldn't be the famous May from QLD, would you?

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am May from QLD, but I'm certainly not as famous as you, LUCA!!!

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger David said...

hahaha...come come...I've been putting ideas in her head!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Luca said...

It occurred to me that I have been terribly remiss in not posting up any tasting notes. They are as follows:

Boomerang Wet Processed: Thin, acidic - clearly a case of botching the roast :(

Bundja (75% Double Pass): Sweet, chocolatey, clean. Hints of citrus in faster/longer extractions.

Boomerang Natural: Sensational rich and chocolatey cappuccini.

I understand that Pete has managed to get a single bag of Mountain Top Estate Bin 35 this year; something that we're all quite excited about. It remains to be seen whether Pete will make it publicly available or whether we'll just drink it ourselves ;P

Cheers,

Luca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home